You have your fabulous, engaging blog all set up. You know your audience and are ready to meet their needs and interests. The tweets of the digital messenger birds (and various other social media sites) are out full force. You are using social media to the best of your ability, realizing the importance of keeping an active online presence to invite your audience in.
It’s time to see how much of an impact your work has made
It’s important to take the time periodically to check how your social networking reach is doing and how it is affecting your bottom line; how it helps meet your goals. First, determine the purpose of your online activity. This will help you to make sure that you are reaching your purpose and that the social media tools you are using are doing the job.
After you have set your site’s purpose, you can then use these tools to see how it matches up with the results. You can find hidden treasures troves of information that allow you the ability to post at the best times possible and reach the widest audience so that you can get even more results and more bang for your (virtual) buck, as the saying goes.
The best analytical tools for Twitter
Twitonomy— is touted as “Twitter analytics and much more,” as taken directly from their website. Need more details and visuals in your reports? This is a great way to go.
- A leading tool for any business that would plan on using Twitter as a means to market or track tweets about its business or any other business that will help spread insight on many different tasks.
- Also a great way to track follower growth over time to see how your audience is expanding and what the trends are.
Foller.me—is a great tool to access fast analytical results.
Rapid and detailed information, such as how many followers followed your tweets, how many average followers per tweet, as well as a bevy of information at a glance and within just a few seconds wait time.
No sign up is required; simply add the @twitterusername you are searching for.
Tweriod is an effective tool as it shows the best results you are looking for and how to reach them.
- What times are best for your followers to most actively be engaged? Find out when to post to expand your reach.
- It also provides a summary of followers and the details needed so you can best tailor your posts to them.
Facebook: How to further your reach
Facebook Insights– is a tool that is built into Facebook that gives you insights as to how your page is performing and which demographics it reaches.
- It helps you apply and expand your reach in real, accessible ways.
- There is easy set up built right in.
- Related articles to broaden your knowledge base.
- This is a great resource to use right on the site and useful to expand your reach from.
What about the competition?
With all of this focus on your site, let’s take a moment and see how you match up to the competition. When you are in any type of business or trying to get your brand out there, you need to know who else is out there that your audience is paying attention to. This enables you to not only be aware and updated on the current trends and patterns, it helps you to meet the needs of your audience in the best way that speaks to them and to your brand.
Socialbakers— is a paid site that helps you by allowing you to scope out your rivals. It has a free 14 day trial period to test drive it.
- This is a powerful way to measure directly how you are engaging your audience compared to your competitor.
- What are you doing well? What can you learn from the competition?
- Although Facebook Insights gives you the basics, this tool allows you to see in what specific area you can focus on to further engage your audience in ways you might be missing.
Hootsuite is the ever popular go to site for all of your social media needs. You just can’t go wrong with these features:
- Made even more accessible with a single dashboard for multiple sites.
- It allows you to post to Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and more.
- For only $8.99, you can get the detailed analytics for these sites, plus post to Google + to enter the big leagues and get even more exposure.
- It digs deeper to gather the information to apply it to show you what it really means and how you can use it.
- Plus, it recently partnered with Brandwatch to extend its reach, appealing to more enterprise customers.
Brandwatch, with 25 languages, this is an international gateway social networking tool that allows you to get to the conversations that really matter. Are there signs of a new demographic you can include in your audience starting to spring up?
- This tool brings this information to you so you can find out what the dialogue is on regarding your site.
- It gives you an activity stream in real time on what the latest word is and what people are saying about your brand.
- You can then adjust what is needed and continue the dialogue. Once you know what is important to your audience and what sparks their interest, you can then take action on that in real ways.
When you’re posting on social media, you just can’t tell if you’re getting the response you want. How can you replicate that one tweet that received hundreds of shares? How do you know when a customer feels like unfollowing your account?
With these sharp analytic tools, you will be in an excellent position to continue exponential growth to ensure you meet all of your networking and media goals in no time. The good news is the best tools are available for you to expand your reach and engage your client base. Now, it’s only a matter of choosing the ones that work best for you and help you to meet your goals. So, let’s get started.